Become a JK Supporter
How Your Donation Will Be Used
Your financial support helps us provide our programs and services for children, youth and seniors in our community —so we can develop more youth community leaders and entrepreneurs.
Program and Service Excellence
To deliver and be recognized for providing the best quality, youth, elder and community programs that serve everyone with an African heritage and that are wholly open to all others in our culturally diverse City of Ottawa.
A Strong Organization and Active Participation
To support a great management team and high quality administrative and financial systems that improve our programs, increase membership, and strengthen partnerships in a sustainable, transparent, and accountable manner.
Dynamic Community Engagement, Welcoming Events, and Growth
To have our community members actively engaged in all aspects of civil society and the cultural diversity of Ottawa that is represented in Jaku Konbit.
You can be rest assured that we are using your donations wisely and responsibly.
Your financial support starts lots of things, like:
- Maintain, monitor, and improve the standards of our programs.
- Recruiting new volunteers and supporters.
- Ensure presence of youth and elders in all programs.
- Provide experiences and exchanges aimed at cultivating a stronger awareness of Black-Canadian contributions to Canada.
- Create and foster positive experiences through programs, events and projects that meet the aspirations of all members of our community.
- Provide youth with meaningful and educational opportunities to foster leadership skills, self-esteem, civic duty, and a positive attitude for success.
- S10 will help to support our administrative cost.
- $25 will provide one hour tutoring for students in need of academic support.
- $50 will support the annual Black Star Tutoring Fundraising Dinner.
- $75 will our youth employment program.
- $100 will sponsor a child for a week of camp.
- $100 will provide special activities for children and seniors in to engage in intergenerational dialogue.