Our mission is to support and improve the lives of disadvantaged individuals and families of African and Caribbean descent through partnership with all communities and programming that results in everyone’s successful economic and civic participation in Canadian society.
We want everyone to feel encouraged to participate, regardless of their ethnic or other backgrounds, so our Mission Statement embraces the following organizational values:
- We strive to create and maintain a supportive, multicultural environment.
- We treat all individuals with dignity and equity and strive to be responsive to our community needs.
- We believe that every one of all ages enriches our society through his or her unique contribution.
- We value teamwork, resourcefulness and optimism.
- We are committed to cultivating inter-dependent, harmonious relationships within and outside of our community.
- We are dedicated to being effective, adaptable and principled in our approach to people and problems.
- We believe in family and our commitments to each other, whatever form these may take, and the importance of everyone’s role, as our elders, our young, our peers, and our selves.
Program and Service Excellence
To deliver and be recognized for providing the best quality, youth, elder and community programs that serve everyone with an African heritage and that are wholly open to all others in our culturally diverse Ottawa.
A Strong Organization and Active Participation
To support a great management team and high quality administrative and financial systems that improve our programs, increase membership, and strengthen partnerships in a sustainable, transparent, and accountable manner.
Dynamic Community Engagement, Welcoming Events and Growth
To have our community members actively engaged in all aspects of civil society and the cultural diversity of Ottawa that is represented in Jaku Konbit.
Who We Are
Board of Directors
- Somali Centre for Family Services
- Le Regroupement Ethnoculturel des Parents Francophones de l'Ontario
- Together We Can Youth Mentorship Program
- Bronson Centre
- Youth Services Bureau
- Muslim Family Services of Ottawa
- Black History Ottawa
- Saint Lucia Ottawa Association
- Jamaican Ottawa Community Association
- Trinidad & Tobago Association of Ottawa
- The Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Association of Ottawa
- Barbados (Ottawa) Association
- Guyana Ottawa Cultural Association