Enhanced Youth Outreach Worker Program
Implementing an Afrocentric, person-centered, strengths-based and anti-oppressive lens… The EYOW program provides culturally relevant services in Ottawa to support positive development and outcomes for Afro- Caribbean youth ages 12-21 by offering assessments, short-term counselling, resource navigation, referral and follow-up services.
Program and services include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying needs, barriers, strengths, aspirations and goals
- Providing short-term counselling to youth and their families
- Building cultural identity through community engagement
- Fostering self-confidence, and resilience skills
- Referral to local resources in areas of housing, employment, education, mental health, and recreation.
For more information, please contact:
Jamila Ahmed BSW, RSW
Enhanced Youth Outreach Worker
Ms. Ahmed is a Community and Clinical practitioner with experience working with children, youth and families. Her specialization is in crisis prevention and intervention, conflict resolution, group facilitation, individual counseling and behavior management. Jamila or ‘Ms. J’ as the children call her, is a registered Social Worker with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers. She also studied Social Work at Carleton University in Ottawa.