Enhanced Youth Outreach Worker Program
Implementing an Afrocentric, person-centered, strengths-based and anti-oppressive lens… The EYOW program provides culturally relevant services in Ottawa to support positive development and outcomes for Afro- Caribbean youth ages 12-21 by offering assessments, short-term counselling, resource navigation, referral and follow-up services.
Program and services include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying needs, barriers, strengths, aspirations and goals
- Providing short-term counselling to youth and their families
- Building cultural identity through community engagement
- Fostering self-confidence, and resilience skills
- Referral to local resources in areas of housing, employment, education, mental health, and recreation.
For more information, please contact:
Myriam Georges-Estigene - BA Psych, M.Ed C. Psych
Provincial Youth Outreach Work (PYOW)
Services for Black Children, Youth and Families (SBCYF)
215-211 Bronson Ave.
Ottawa, ON K1R 6H5
Direct Line: (613) 252-4368